Java Certification Course VS Python Certification Course: Which is Easier?
There have been numerous discussions suggesting that Java is faster than Python, or that Python is much more secure than Java, etc. However, one has always failed to come to a definite answer or solution because both of these programming languages have their own benefits and setbacks.
Both Java and Python are independent platforms designed to build different kinds of applications that run on the internet. Attending the Python certification course or Java course and earning a Python or Java Certificate comes with its own sets of benefits. In this article, we will try to filter the pros and cons of these programming languages, so as to make it easier for you to consider and implement them based on your needs and requirements.
Java, founded in 1995, has become one of the most popular languages among web developers and other coding professionals. It is an object-oriented language, mostly preferred for its speed. This helps in directly converting coding to machine code which gives increased control over hardware aspects like CPU usage.
Java is mostly used in Web Development, Big Data, and Android app development.
Advantages of Java
- ➤ Simple in Nature: The syntax of Java is very simple and straightforward. It is easier to write as it uses automatic memory allocation.
- ➤ Independent Platform: Java can be easily used on different types of Operating Systems such as Windows, iOS, Unix, and Linux systems. However, all these platforms should have Java Virtual Machine (JVM) platform.
- ➤ Large Global Community: The association of Java with a large community helps while learning Java or when one is trying to solve some problem.
- ➤ Object-Oriented: Its flexible nature makes it easier to work on big project development. It also helps in easier troubleshooting and allows the reuse of code.
- ➤ Supports Multithreading: While using Java, you have the freedom of running more than one thread at a time. While doing so, this programming language shares a common memory area that increases efficiency and performance.
- ➤ Secure in Nature: Java runs within the sandbox, which is a virtual machine that uses a byte-code verifier to check for illegal code and offers professionals library-level safety that comes along with the Java security package and run-time security checks.
Disadvantages of Java
In order to choose the best programming languages, it is important that you consider the downsides of these programming languages as well. Java is often considered weaker than Python because it uses a large amount of memory. Other disadvantages of Java are:
- ➤ Java fails to offer control over garbage collection
- ➤ Java manages its memory via garbage collection. Once the application you have been working on no longer makes any reference to the object, the garbage collector deletes it from the memory. During this process, other threads have to stop for the garbage collector to work efficiently.
- ➤ Java uses a lot of words that make the whole process very complex with lengthy sentences and explanations
- ➤ When you are creating a complex UI on your desktop, the multiple Graphical User Interface (GUI) builders make the task difficult. You will often be burdened with the task of finding the best GUI builders that best suit your project.
In service since 1991, its design and function were solely focused on code readability.
Python is widely used because of its versatile nature. Moreover, it is easier to read and has a relatively simpler syntax. These features have contributed to the meteoric growth of Python language and Python courses in recent years, also placing prime importance on candidates to aim for and earn the Python certification. Statistics have reported that more than 11.3 million coders from the IoT, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields use Python.
Advantages of Python
The very flexible nature of Python offers the freedom of experimenting instead of building just one type of application. By joining the Python course you will be able to create different things using just one language. Some other advantages of Python are:
- ➤ Independent Platform: Similar to Java, Python can be used across multiple platforms, such as macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- ➤ Promotes Fast Development: Python uses asynchronous codes to overcome and tackle situations faster. This is possible because each unit of code in Python runs separately.
- ➤ Extensive Libraries: The extensive libraries in Python offer common tasks and commands. The codes present in these can be used for different purposes, such as generating documentation, unit testing to CGI, etc.
- ➤ Flexible Approach: Python offers various programming styles and paradigms.
- ➤ Free and Open Source: Python can be easily downloaded free of cost. As it is easy to learn, beginners can master the concepts and start writing codes within a short span of time.
- ➤ Boosts Productivity: Because of its concise and dynamic nature, Python contributes to boosting productivity and efficiency. Its ability to control capabilities and integration features help in enhancing the application’s productivity.
Disadvantages of Python
- ➤ Python is relatively slower to execute because of its dynamically typed, interpreted language, which is executed line-by-line.
- ➤ Python allows only one thread execution at a time. Thus, if you’re working on a multi-threaded CPU-bound program, then using Python may not be a very good option.
- ➤ Python is easy to use for mobile purposes. However, you will have to search for a library that offers the necessary framework. One example of this is Kivy, which can be easily run on Raspberry PI, Linux, and Windows.
- ➤ Python takes up a large amount of your memory especially if you are working on a project where many objects are active on RAM.
In order to have the best experience with these programming languages, one can either master all the concepts of any one of these or take time and become an expert in both. You can do this by either registering for the coding boot camps or taking up online/offline certification courses. The Python course introduces candidates to object-oriented programming which can be then used for various data science applications. Strong knowledge of Java and Python will help you understand and implement these where they can offer the best outcome.
Message from the Author
If you’re looking to enrol in a Certified Python Developer course in Dubai, get in touch with Learners Point Academy. To learn more, visit the website: https://learnerspoint.org/, give a call at +971 (04) 403 8000, or simply drop a message on WhatsApp.
Learners Point Academy is a KHDA and ISO 9001:2015 accredited training institute in Dubai.
- Big Data on AWS
- Cyber Security
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published.
5 Top Career-Boosting HR Courses of 2023
Nov 10, 2022
7 Reasons Why Professionals Should Invest in Personality Development
Nov 10, 2022
5 Biggest Fears Regarding CMA Exam & How to Overcome Them?
Nov 10, 2022
21 Most Sought-after Corporate Training Courses in Dubai
Nov 10, 2022
4 Top Reasons for Becoming a CMA?
Nov 10, 2022