5 Most in Demand Supply Chain Jobs
Supply chain management is a massive industry that oversees the complex process involved in product production, shipment, and distribution. With the growth of this industry, there has been a parallel increase in the different types of job roles available. To establish a successful position in the industry, candidates must have a strong mastery of economics, logistics, and finance. Enrolling in supply chain management courses can help individuals enhance their problem-solving, organizational, and critical thinking skills, which are essential for success in this field.
Mastery of these skills opens doors to numerous opportunities with high salaries, stability, and job satisfaction. The field offers a range of job prospects, including supply chain analysts, logistics coordinators, purchasing managers, inventory control managers, transportation managers, and more. Each job role comes with unique responsibilities, making it easy for individuals to find a position that matches their interests and strengths.
Overall, the supply chain management industry is an excellent option for individuals looking for a stable and rewarding career. By enrolling in supply chain management courses and developing the necessary skills, individuals can set themselves up for success in this ever-growing field.
What is Supply Chain Management?
Supply chain management also referred to as logistics, deals essentially with the production, shipment, and distribution of products. It also looks into other important aspects such as inventory, sales, and operations planning, new product development and engineering, risk management, corporate social responsibility, and many more. The key components of successful supply chain management include:
- ➤ Investment Recovery
- ➤ Distribution
- ➤ Inventory Control
- ➤ Logistics
- ➤ Manufacturing Supervision
- ➤ Materials Management
- ➤ Packaging
- ➤ Procurement and Purchasing
- ➤ Product and Service Development
- ➤ Quality Control
- ➤ Receiving
- ➤ Strategic Sourcing
- ➤ Transportation and Shipping
- ➤ Warehousing and Storage
Every organization today, small or big, is heavily reliant on professionals with the right credentials in the field who are capable of ensuring that all the tasks are completed on time and within budget. Aspirants can learn about the different aspects of supply chain management by enrolling in supply chain management courses. Along with acquiring knowledge and insight into the subject, earning the required credential will promise a career built on improvement, growth, respect, and success.
5 Supply Chain Management Jobs
1. Purchasing Manager
Purchasing agents are hired to raise the company’s profits by making high-quality and cost-effective purchases. The major roles and responsibilities attributed to purchasing agents include:
- ➤ Designing purchasing strategies that maximize profits.
- ➤ Implementing effective negotiation strategies and tactics.
- ➤ Maintaining a healthy relationship with key suppliers.
- ➤ Ensuring the quality of goods and timely delivery.
- ➤ Regularly monitoring stock levels.
- ➤ Preparing detailed reports with information on revenues, buying expenditures, and more.
- ➤ Staying updated on the latest market trends.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Purchasing Manager in Dubai is AED 12,000 per month.
2. Operations Manager
Operations managers oversee the operational activities of an organization, ensuring cost-effectiveness and improving management systems and processes. They manage material purchases and warehouse inventory, recruit and train staff, perform quality controls, and design strategies for improved customer service.
- ➤ Making sure that the operations are carried out in a cost-effective manner.
- ➤ Work on improving operational management systems and processes.
- ➤ Purchase materials while also making sure to manage the budget.
- ➤ Look after warehouse efficacy and plan inventory.
- ➤ Undertake the recruitment and training process.
- ➤ Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs.
- ➤ Design plans and strategies to improve customer service.
The average salary of an Operations Manager in Dubai is AED 15,000 per month, according to Glassdoor.
3. Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall supply chain management process, with major duties including:
- ➤ Designing a supply chain strategy aligned with the company’s objectives.
- ➤ Monitoring shipping and delivery processes to identify and address any issues that may arise.
- ➤ Regularly evaluating and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- ➤ Coordinating with professionals from other departments to promote business growth.
- ➤ Ensuring that the supply chain management meets all legal requirements and standards.
- ➤Communicating and negotiating with suppliers.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Supply Chain Manager in Dubai is AED 25,000 per month.
4. Logistics Manager
Logistics Managers are responsible for ensuring efficient and effective supply chain processes, with major duties including:
- ➤ Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- ➤ Monitoring quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency.
- ➤ Negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
- ➤ Providing solutions for any problems that may arise.
- ➤ Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements.
- ➤ Regularly assessing performance by maintaining metrics.
- ➤ Implementing solutions to improve performance where necessary.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Logistics Manager in Dubai is AED 15,000 per month.
5. Storage and Distribution Manager
Professionals in storage and distribution management are responsible for overseeing the storage and distribution of materials or products, with main duties including:
- ➤ Scheduling pickup, delivery, and distribution of products and materials.
- ➤ Conducting regular performance evaluations.
- ➤ Providing accurate shipping instructions and routing information.
- ➤ Confirming delivery time and location.
- ➤ Ensuring warehouse safety.
- ➤ Solving any arising issues with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- ➤ Demonstrating strong supervisory and leadership attributes.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Storage and Distribution Manager in Dubai is AED 9,500 per month. A career in supply chain management is rewarding, but competition in the job market is high. To stand out among other candidates, it's important to master all the important areas and topics of the subject by attending supply chain management courses.
Message from the Author
If you’re looking to enrol for the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Training in Dubai, get in touch with Learners Point Academy. To learn more, visit the website: https://learnerspoint.org/, give a call at +971 (04) 403 8000, or simply drop a message on WhatsApp.
Learners Point Academy is a KHDA and ISO 9001:2015 accredited training institute in Dubai.
- Big Data on AWS
- Cyber Security
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published.
- Agile Management
- Business Management
- Business Productivity
- Cloud Computing
- Coding & Programming
- Data & Business Intelligence
- Data Science
- Database Management
- Design & Engineering
- Digital Marketing
- Emerging Technologies
- Fashion Design
- Finance & Accounting
- HR & Admin
- Human Resources
- ISO Training Programs
- IT Governance Courses
- IT Service Management
- Legal Courses
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Management & Leadership
- Project Management
- Purchasing & Procurement
- Quality & Process Management
- Soft Skills
- Warehouse Management
6 Strategies for Profits: Utilizing Cost Accounting for Ideal Pricing
Jun 08, 2023
A Beginner’s Guide to UAE Corporate Tax
Jun 08, 2023
UAE Corporate Tax: Compliance and Best Practices
Jun 08, 2023
5 Key Digital Marketing Strategies and Its Advantages
Jun 08, 2023
Scope of Digital Marketing in Dubai Post Covid-19
Jun 08, 2023